Creature Studio Session

Here are some of my best photos from my studio session yesterday:

IMG_3131 IMG_3146 IMG_3149

I think the orange object works really well. The tentacles do actually look realistic, giving the object a life-like look. I also like how the orange changes depending on how much I have the vibrance setting on. The object could be mistaken for some form of anemone with the strange tentacles and body in the middle. The objects all stand out well against the black background that I used. I am aware that there are footprints on the black background, although in my photos they actually look more like waves or little areas of light in the sea as opposed to footprints. The mushroom has a lovely texture to it, making it appear as though it is a creature losing its skin.

The texture of this bath sponge also works well, appearing as though it is some sort of coral or coral-like creature from the deep. The difference between the background and subject worked well in this photo, as the background is completely black like in David Shale’s work.

If I am to go back and take some more photos, I need to try and find some cleaner black paper to use (there was none present whilst I was there) and perhaps experiment with a different lens as well.